Acupuncture & Herbs
Acupuncture is an ancient medical art and science from China. It is based on empirical medicine and has changed over the years as new discoveries and techniques have been developed. We use only the most advanced, safe, and comfortable methods.
• We only use presterilized, disposable needles
• Highest quality surgical stainless steel
• We use the painless Japanese Style of needle placement
• Treatment patterns are individualized to suit you alone
• No “cookie cutter,” “cookbook,” or “one-size fits all” treatments
• Training in Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, and French styles of acupuncture
• Intention is fundamental in each placement
• Other treatment approaches are integrated with the acupuncture and moxibustion treatments as appropriate
• Shiatsu massage used during many sessions as well to prepare the body for gentle acupuncture
• Please call us at 510-849-1176 if you want further information on what acupuncture is about, or try our links. All patients receive a complementary educational DVD explaining acupuncture.
Your Water Intake is Vital
• Your body is more than 70% water.
• You require intake of water to function properly.
• Public water supplies may have fluorine, chlorine, or chloramines; these aren’t good to drink.
• Arsenic, lead, and other toxic metals are found in water.
• Pesticides and other chemicals like MTBE (and DDT still!) need to be filtered from your water before you consume it.
• We recommend Multipure filtration systems as one effective system to help protect your health. Contact http://www.multipureusa.com/redwoodclinic or this office for more information and to order the right filtration units for your needs.
Dietary Analysis and Evaluation
• Proper nutrition is vital for health and healing
• Some illnesses or diseases are completely or partially due to nutritional and dietary deficiencies or excesses
• In-depth analysis of diet, with the use of a journal, is necessary in some cases and a good practice for everyone on occasion
• Modification of dietary choices is recommended in a variety of cases, sometimes based on analysis of allergy or sensitivity to particular foods
• For proper functioning and healing, various nutritional supplements may be necessary.
• These could include, vitamins, minerals, trace minerals, enzymes, fatty acids, amino acids, co-factors, nutritional anti-inflammatories, or medical foods.
First Line Therapy™
Research proves and we believe that proper body composition is the basis for greater longevity and higher quality of life. Having a proper balance of fat mass and muscle mass is a key to quick recovery from illness, surgery, and trauma. This is why we trained in and offer the First Line Therapy™ approach to weight loss and metabolic improvement for things like diabetes and high blood pressure.
Neurologic Relief Center Technique™
Research and clinical experience has revealed a new way to address many of the symptoms and possible underlying causes of fibromyalgia and other perplexing illnesses and conditions. The method, called NRCT, helps the body heal by removing what is called meningeal compression. The meninges are layers of protective tissues that cover the brain, spinal cord, and nerve roots. When these layers are twisted, inflamed, damaged or otherwise compromised and compressed, the blood and cerebral spinal fluid cannot flow properly. Function is decreased as a result. NRCT may help to remove that blockage and thus allow the body to resume natural processes. We are proud to be the Neurologic Relief Center in the Berkeley California area.
We suggest cleansing be performed – at a minimum – 1 to 2 times per year. Depending upon your condition, different approaches are more appropriate than others. We use a variety of cleansing approaches based on your individual situation and conditions. These are all focused on improving your health, energy, vitality, and function.
Clearing out toxic metals, pesticides, and other accumulated debris
in your body is necessary for health. It is also a must for those with serious diseases such as hypertension, cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, neurological disorders, and others. The more chronic the symptoms the more likely toxicity is an important factor in perpetuating or causing the problem. Then, you may need a more prolonged cleansing / detoxification program.
Homeopathy was discovered and developed initially by Samuel Hahneman in the late 1700’s. It is a wholistic approach based on the totality of the individual and centered around the fundamental precept is that “Like Cures Like”.
• For children and adults, evaluation consists of a detailed history taking and appropriate examination – may take 1-2 hours or more.
• For other animals, based on observation and reports by the animals primary human companion or owner
• Remedies are prescribed based on the analysis and evaluation
• Follow-up remedies based on the initial prescription and changes in the presentation
• Other methods, such as nutritional and dietary changes, changes of environmental factors, use of herbs, or acupuncture and physical manipulation may be needed to remove blockages
• Our practioners’ training is eclectic, including classical homeopathy and combination remedies
• Teachers include Jeremy Sherr, Lou Klein, Andre Seine, Subratra Banerjea, Rajan Sankaran, Alize Timmerman, and many others.
If you have additional questions, please ask us by calling 510-849-1176.